Disability Resource Center

Grievances & Complaints

Grievance Resolution Procedure


If you have concerns regarding accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act you are encouraged to immediately contact the Director of the DRC to resolve the issue. Utah Tech University encourages an informal resolution of problems whenever possible. Speaking with the DRC Director or your DRC counselor is the first step in resolving problems.

You may also contact the Dean of Students directly to discuss your concerns. The Dean is available to listen to your concerns and can help clarify requirements under the ADA or review decisions made by the DRC.

If a dispute or complaint cannot be resolved by an informal process, the student should submit a written statement describing the situation to the Dean of Students. The written statement should identify the issue and reason for filing a grievance. The statement may be submitted by either email or paper copy.

The Dean will determine a time frame to resolve the complaint. However, if concerns are not resolved within the stated time frame, the Dean will keep the complainant informed of when the issue will be resolved and the reason for the delay.

Although you are encouraged to try to resolve grievances within the campus process, you also have a right to file a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights at any time.


Baako Wahabu

Disability Resource Center Director

Email: wahabu@utahtech.edu

Phone: 435-652-7880

Office: N. Plaza 157


Dean of Students

Email: threet@utahtech.edu

Phone: 435-652-7514

Office: Gardner Room 202