Utah Tech University

Disability Resource Center


Welcome to the Disability Resource Center (DRC), the designated department on the campus of Utah Tech University responsible for evaluating disability documentation, determining eligibility, and implementing reasonable accommodations for students who have disabilities that may affect their academic success.


The Disability Resource Center serves students with disabilities by providing equal access to UT academic programs, non-academic activities, and campus facilities to facilitate and promote student participation, success, retention and graduation.

We believe that students with disabilities at UT are as much in control of their educational experience as students without.

“Whether you think you can or think you can’t you are right”—Henry Ford



Learn about the equipment and services that students with disabilities can take advantage of at Utah Tech.

Learn More


Find out about scholarships available to students with disabilities.

View Details


Learn more about the policies and procedures of the Disability Resource Center.

Privacy and confidentiality

Grievances and complaints

Animal policy

Returning Students

Once accommodations have been approved, it is the student’s responsibility to meet with the Disability Resource Center staff each semester to review classes, academic progress, and arrange needed accommodations for the new semester. To schedule an appointment, call the DRC at 435-652-7516. Appointment options: phone, zoom, or in-person.

To receive the same accommodations as your previous semester, send a request to drc@utahtech.edu. Please include:

  1. Classes you are requesting accommodations for.
  2. Desired approved accommodations for each class.

The DRC will send your Faculty Accommodation Notification forms to your university email. Printed copies are available for pick up by request. It is your responsibility to give the notification forms to your professors. Accommodations take affect when a professor receives the notification form.

If you are requesting additional accommodations and have the documentation to support this request, contact us at 435-652-7516 to schedule an appointment to discuss options.


Do I need to inform Utah Tech University (UT) that I have a disability?

No, but if you want the school to provide accommodations, you must identify yourself as having a disability and register with the Disability Resource Center (DRC). In any event, your disclosure of a disability is always voluntary.

When should I notify the Disability Resource Center (DRC) about my disability?

Although you need not disclose a disability during the admission process, it is advisable to notify the DRC as soon as possible after applying and being accepted. This will help the DRC assist in many areas of student orientation such as campus navigation, testing, student support programs, etc.

What accommodations will I receive?

Accommodations are determined case-by-case based on the documentation and the nature of the disability. In all cases, accommodations will not be given if they alter the essential elements of a course.

Check Accommodations

If I had a 504/IEP in high school does it automatically transfer to UT?

No, you must inform the school that you have a disability and will need accommodations. Unlike your high school, postsecondary schools are not required to identify and assess your disability. In addition, you are required to provide documentation of your disability.

Check Documentation Guidelines

If I had a 504 or IEP in high school, will the same accommodations be provided?

Although 504 and IEPs clarify the history of the disability or disorder, they may not be adequate to implement accommodations in a college environment. At the post-secondary level, supporting documentation through an evaluation done within the past 3 years or using adult norms is required.

How will I notify my professors about my need for accommodations?

Once registered with the DRC, you will be provided with a letter to be given to each of your professors.

Can I just let my instructors know I have a disability and they can give me accommodations?

No, accommodations must be reviewed by and coordinated through the DRC.

What can I do if I feel I need more accommodations?

Make an appointment at the DRC to discuss options. You may be required to provide additional documentation.

Student Rights and Responsibilities

The student with a disability has:

  • The right to participate in and benefit from programs and activities at Utah Tech University without the fear of experiencing discrimination due to a disability.
  • The right to obtain an education through reasonable and appropriate accommodations.
  • The right to have disability information kept confidential.
  • The responsibility to self-identify as a person with a disability, request accommodations, and provide appropriate documentation to the Disability Resource Center Documentation Guidelines.
  • The responsibility to meet and maintain Utah Tech University academic and technical standards Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities .
  • The responsibility to meet with and maintain regular contact with the Disability Resource Center and inform them when an accommodation is ineffective to discuss other options.

Hours of Operation


  • Closed.


  • 8:00 am - 5:00 pm


  • 8:00 am - 5:00 pm


  • 8:00 am - 5:00 pm


  • 8:00 am - 5:00 pm


  • 8:00 am - 5:00 pm


  • Closed.


Disabilities Resource Center

Email: drc@utahtech.edu

Phone: 435-652-7516

Fax: 435-879-4038

Office: North Commons Building
(Beside the Testing Center)